Commissioning Editor – Entertainment and Live Events (Glasgow)
Channel 4 Entertainment and Live Events is a new supercharged department, home to some of the most exciting and distinctive programming on the channel. From channel-defining events (Stand Up To Cancer and The Paralympics) to spectacular live entertainment (TFI Friday) and topical satire (The Alternative Election Night), our slate is characterised by scale and ambition in addition to a wide range of award-winning entertainment shows including The Last Leg, 8 Out of 10 Cats does Countdown, Alan Carr: Chatty Man. We look after a world class roster of on-screen talent and make big, entertaining, channel-defining shows.
To oversee and editorially manage existing programmes and to commission original and innovative studio and location-based entertainment (not scripted comedy).
The role involves working creatively with independent production companies and liaising internally with many departments.
• Work with the Head of Entertainment to ensure the delivery of this strategy across the UK, in line with the strategy to increase commissioning spend in the Nations & Regions
• Originate, develop and commission in peak hours innovative new programmes for the given entertainment slots
• Self-generate ideas and identify fresh territories and themes for exploration
• Independently initiate, develop, inspire and manage, positive, creative relationships with a wide range of Independent producers to ensure a steady supply of good ideas
• Identify and nurture, new on and off-screen talent, from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds
• Manage and quality control a wide range of often challenging programmes - overseeing and managing any complexities that arise
• Broaden the range of Independent producers and on-screen talent we work with based not just out of Glasgow but across the UK
• Work effectively with other parts of the Channel – e.g. legal and compliance, marketing, press, scheduling and business affairs
• Ensure that programmes are effectively integrated with the Channel 4 multi-platform objectives
See full details at the link below.