About the team:
The content marketing team communicates with our attendees and draws them to our events around the world. The team sits within the company’s wider marketing function including a copywriting team. We’re looking for someone to edit and publish our written content to high standards to ensure the best possible reader experience.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
– You’ll write, edit and rewrite copy for our websites, sales collateral, emails, social media accounts, and blogs
– Working with our copywriters, you’ll develop company messaging and ensure everything Web Summit publishes adheres to our editorial guidelines, company tone and style guide
– You’ll balance multiple priorities at a time, conceptualising ideas and language around business and marketing objectives
– You’ll review, proof and optimise outbound communication across all company platforms
– You’ll be a copy editor for several teams across the business, including our partnerships and speakers teams
– You’ll rise to challenging briefs and work closely with our design team to develop engaging campaigns
– You’ll be listened to. No matter how crazy your ideas seem!
Who you are:
– You have at least 10 years’ experience in media and/or publishing as an editor
– You understand style: you know your way around em and en dashes, colons and semicolons, and could make the case for stripping this sentence of commas and using polysyndetons instead
– Your copy is concise as a rule but creative when needs be
– You’re comfortable making fast decisions independently and have a well-honed sense of urgency
– You’re versatile and have the ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities across platforms calmly and efficiently and to the highest standard
– You’re invested in developing captivating content and finding new ways to engage with your audience
– You have experience with WordPress
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
– Outstanding writing
– A passion for prose that goes beyond just knowing grammatical rules
– Desire to be part of a fast-paced and varied business environment where flexibility is a must and direction can change quickly
Be healthy, curious and social:
– Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
– Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
– Enjoy our private garden with orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
– Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages and cereals.
– Master new skills from those around you with onsite talks, training initiatives and a Coursera account for everyone!
– Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.
See full details at the link below.
NB: no deadline specified