Senior Composer – League of Legends
In 2009, Riot released its debut title, League of Legends, which has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Delivering an immersive experience for a global audience while also collaborating on new games gives our Audio discipline exciting and complex problems to solve. The Audio Team at Riot strives to provide lasting sonic experiences for players. We help breathe life into our games, cinematics, esports, albums, and more through the use of sound. We also are always working to level up our team and techniques by experimenting and playing the games we love.
As Composers at Riot, we write and arrange music for both linear and interactive media spanning across all music genres.
As a Senior Composer on League of Legends, you will report to the Audio Director. You will collaborate with other composers and product owners and developers to write iconic themes and memorable arrangements, capturing the essence of each product you will be working on.
– Collaborate with the Audio Director on the product to determine music vision, goals, and objectives that inform and support the product vision
– Work with product leadership (dev manager/project owner) to determine and manage milestones, schedule, priorities, and work output for an entire product
– Collaborate with sound designers, video, publishing, and other teams to ensure thematic consistency across related in-game and linear products
– Create music for linear content like trailers and other publishing materials
– Create and implement interactive music that supports and enhances the vision and goals of the project
– Collaborate with Audio Director to identify and determine external resource needs
– Manage outsource partners for asset creation and delivery
– 7 years of experience in music composition
– Craft expertise in music composition and production across a wide variety of genres
– Deep understanding of the tools and techniques required for composing and producing the highest professional quality bar of music (DAWs, Sample Libraries, Plugins)
– Knowledge of the holistic game audio process and how music can be leveraged in the interactive and linear space
– Knowledge of musical precedents set in Riot’s games and media, and trends in broader gaming
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
See full details at the link below.
NB: no deadline specified