Deputy Music Editor
The Guardian is seeking a Deputy Music Editor (7 month FTC or staff secondment) to provide best-in-class music coverage for all its platforms.
The music desk covers every angle of the music industry: criticism, interviews, news (whether music-focused or industry reporting), analysis and trend coverage. You could find yourself reporting on industry exploitation, catalysing trends in UK rap, or coming up with novel ways to approach festival coverage, and you will be attuned to when to take a serious tone and when more lighthearted treatment is preferable.
About the Role
– Supporting the acting music editor with editorial assistance
– Writing breaking news stories and monitoring news
– Responding to breaking news out of hours when urgent/viable
– Commissioning and editing album reviews
– Occasional features commissioning and editing
– Compiling weekly new music playlist and managing music homepage
– Occasional writing with ideas generation
– Work closely with culture editors and news page editors to co-ordinate content
See link below for for further details.