Peripatetic Music Teacher
Hertfordshire Music Service is seeking a Peripatetic Music Teacher.
Job Title: Instrumental/vocal peripatetic teacher
Pay Grade: Hertfordshire Music Service pay scale (see below)
Reporting to: Area Head
Your main duties include, but are not limited to:
– Teaching children and young people on a 1:1 basis as well as in groups;
– Directing or teaching larger groups of children, including classes in the First Access programme and ensembles or vocal groups in schools or Music Centres;
– Plan and prepare schemes of work and teaching materials;
– Assess pupils’ progress and track their achievements and provide a written report for parents/carers and schools summarising this information at least once a year;
– Promote the general progress and wellbeing of pupils;
– Participate in Continuing Professional Development (CPD);
– Actively participate in the Hertfordshire Music Service performance management programme;
– Safeguarding pupils in all settings and maintaining professional standards throughout;
– Prepare pupils for exams including grade and GCSE/A-level;
– Offer consistent support to schools and Music Centres by contributing to concerts, open evenings and parents’ evenings.
– Minimum grade 8 performance standard, or equivalent;
– Advanced performance skills with fluency in improvisation;
– Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines;
– Experience in teaching;
– Knowledge of appropriate repertoire and current music education practice;
– Ability to adapt teaching styles to encourage all skill levels;
– An understanding of how musical teaching fits into a wider educational picture;
– Appreciation for a wide range of musical genres.
See link below for further details.