Learning and Participation Officer - Insights and Events
3 month Fixed-term Contract (Maternity Cover)
£25,480 per annum, full-time (5 out of 7 days (40 hours) per week)
Ballet and opera capture the deepest human emotions. The Royal Opera House wants to share these art forms, and their power to thrill, move and excite, with as many people as we can. Our Learning and Participation team offers people of all ages the chance to discover and question our artforms, and to create their own responses to opera and ballet.
Insights Programme events are linked to specific opera and ballet productions, the artists who appear in them and the behind-the-scenes departments. They give unique opportunities to discover more about each production from invited specialists, members of the production team and artists.
We are now looking for an experienced Officer (maternity cover) to provide both administrative and event management support for the Insights Programme and other Learning and Participation events.
The responsibilities include:
– Assisting in the preparation, running and event management of the programme, including working as the floor manager on events.
– Being the main point of communication with in-house teams to ensure events are fully supported.
– Updating the Insights budget records; processing and following up invoices.
– Creating contracts and purchase orders for artists/presenters.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
– Experience of event management and the ability to plan and run events from concept to delivery.
– Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a range of people across the organisation, including artists, technicians, box office, administrative staff and members of the public.
– Ability to undertake a varied workload in a fast-paced environment, working on several projects simultaneously.
– Strong administration and IT skills.
– Knowledge and experience in opera and/or ballet.
See link below for further details.
Published on 7 October 2019