Pitchfork is seeking an Associate Editor.
The Associate Editor will work closely with Pitchfork editors to plan, develop, assign, edit, and write features, op-eds, interviews, special packages, and other site content. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years experience working at an editorial property.
– Working alongside Pitchfork editors to develop ideas for stories.
– Working with writers on the scope, shape, and direction of assigned stories.
– Editing stories on a daily basis across all site sections.
– Writing for Pitchfork as necessary.
– Experience editing op-eds, interviews, and criticism, with experience editing stories about music preferred.
– Comfort writing and editing multiple stories simultaneously.
– Passionate fan of music from all genres, with an emphasis on hip-hop, electronic music, Latin music, and indie rock.
– Extensive knowledge of music history in all genres.
– An ability to generate unique ideas about music new and old.
See link below for further details.
N.B No deadline specified.