West Cork Music is looking for a resident intern to work at two of our festivals in Bantry – the Chamber Music Festival and the Literary Festival. The intern will assist in coordinating the festivals and administration. This is an invaluable opportunity to learn the ins and outs of coordinating large festivals, from the deskwork to the footwork. The intern will have the chance to learn from professional arts sector managers, work with volunteers and of course, see top quality writers and musicians. Applicants should have an interest in furthering a career in the arts and cultural sector.
2nd June 2020 – 17th July 2020
Outside of festivals interns will work Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.
During festivals the intern will need to work weekends and extra hours.
West Cork Music will provide accommodation for the duration of the internship. If the successful applicant wishes to make their own accommodation arrangements, West Cork Music will provide a reasonable accommodation allowance.
During the Chamber Music Festival lunches and dinners will be provided for the intern.
– A genuine interest in the objectives of West Cork Music.
– A laptop for work.
– An interest in a career in arts management.
– Good attention to detail.
– Willingness to work long days during festivals.
– West Cork has limited public transport. Although a car will not be necessary for the work, applicants without their own transport should consider carefully whether they could manage with limited transport before applying.
See link below for further details.
N.B No deadline specified.