Buzz.ie is the leading digital brand attached to the award-winning Irish Daily Star and its agenda-setting journalism. The website is now set for a significant relaunch and we're looking for highly-skilled people with the right attitude to take the site forward.
We have an exciting opportunity for a culture writer to join this team. You will find and report on the cultural stories and issues that matter to our readers to ensure as many people as possible find, discover and respond to our work.
We’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Irish Mirror, Irish Daily Star, DublinLive, BelfastLive, RSVP and Cork Beo. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
– Finding and tell culture stories that engage as many readers as possible, focusing on TV, movies, books
– Being confident to self-publish, and give confidence to local content editors that self-publishing is acceptable, in breaking news scenarios
– Building communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engaged with readers about those stories
– Telling stories in many different ways, including (but not limited to) real-time live blogs, article format, video, audio and pictures
– Ensuring every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced before publication, by the Editors Code of practice
– Acting up or cover in other roles as and when required by the business
– Upholding Reach's policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non-discrimination are upheld in everything we publish.
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
– Digital publishing skills - working a CMS, shooting video, taking pictures
– Accomplished live blogger
– Social media skills - following on social media, track record of building communities on social media
– Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
– Strong track record in telling stories, accurately, which engage a large audience
– Proven track record for digital storytelling
– 36 days holiday per annum inclusive of bank holidays
– Contributory pension scheme
– Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
– Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
– Holiday purchase scheme
– Plus lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
See further details at the link below.
NB: no deadline specified