The Producer will work primarily within BBC Northern Ireland’s Arts team - documentaries, events and studio programmes form our Arts TV portfolio. Recent productions include Snow Patrol: 25 Years on the Road, The Lyric at 50, School Choir of the Year and In Performance. The main platform for delivery is TV but digital is an important outlet for much of our output too.
– Generate and develop ideas for the TV Arts portfolio.
– Contribute to pitching, commissioning and editorial specifications.
– Deliver multiple TV productions across the genre including documentaries, studio based programmes and outside broadcasts.
– Produce visual content, including live output, for digital platforms as required.
– Supervise colleagues on productions and ensure content is delivered to the highest standard, on time and in budget.
– Direct craft crews in production and post production and, as required, self-shoot and edit.
– Flexibility to work across BBC Northern Ireland productions, as required.
– Develop and manage positive working relationships with staff, contributors, talent and production stakeholders.
– Liaise with Rights teams and contract negotiators and ensure copyright and contracts adhere to BBC regulations.
– Accountable for the compliance and delivery of content, acting within BBC Editorial, Legal and Health & Safety guidelines.
Are you the right candidate?
A can-do, creative attitude and motivation to get the best results for our audiences is essential. The ideal candidate will be an ideas generator with significant experience as a TV producer, particularly within the arts genre. Your passion for arts and culture will shine through and you’ll have proven ability to work across documentaries, studio programme and outside broadcasts.
The ideal candidate will possess sound editorial judgment and will have a demonstrable knowledge of BBC output and that of its competitors. An interest in bringing new audiences to our content is key to this role.
See link below for further details.