Rural Needs Small Grants Programme
The aim of this programme is to assist organisations to deliver arts projects which contribute to the growth of arts in the community for new and existing audiences and which reflect the diversity of Northern Ireland’s society and culture. In particular, Arts Council will give priority to applications received from organisations based in rural areas delivering community projects.
In general, the Arts Council defines ‘rural’ as those areas outside cities and towns of whatever size. However, projects centred in small towns may also be eligible as ‘rural’ where these provide services for their rural hinterlands.
We want to support activities which benefit the people of Northern Ireland or that help arts organisations in Northern Ireland carry out their work.
What can you request funding for?
• Costs of artists and tutors (including fees, accommodation, subsistence, travel). You must supply the CVs/ biography/history of artistic practice)
• Travel expenses within Northern Ireland
• Equipment hire
• Volunteer expenses
• Venue hire for workshops, training, rehearsals and performance
• Publicity and marketing costs
• Evaluation costs
• Participation, education and outreach work in film and media and film festivals.
Who can apply?
We welcome applications from any formally constituted groups located in or delivering projects in or working in partnership with organisations or communities in rural areas. You will be required to provide proof with your expression of interest that you have a legal constitution.
We also welcome applications from organisations who are currently not in receipt of Arts Council of NI funding.
Applicants to this programme must ensure that they are able to complete the project by 31 March 2020.
Who Cannot Apply?
• Individuals or Sole traders
• Commercial trading companies
• Companies that exist to distribute a profit
• Statutory authorities or organisations governed by statutory authorities i.e. ELB schools.
See link below for further details.