Junior Production Coordinator
We are seeking a Junior Production Coordinator to join our award-winning production management team at BBC Studios Audio. We are keen to hear from candidates who are looking for an opportunity to progress through the production management career path route and learn from experienced coordinators and production management leadership. The role would best suit someone with considerable Production Management Assistant experience or similar in a fast-paced production environment.
Potential mid-October start date.
The purpose of the role is to coordinate audio productions end-to-end, with some support and training, from set up and recording to post-production and delivery, acting as the focal point of contact between production team members, talent, crew, venues and suppliers, the production office and sometimes audiences and live events. This will include providing support to the Unit Manager & Producers in securing and managing the arrangements for all the resources needed for productions.
The Junior Production Coordinator will have an understanding of and commitment to the aims of Production; will be receptive to the needs of the full range of programmes, new technologies and new ways of working.
Are you the right candidate?
We want to hear from candidates who have previous experience working as a Production Management Assistant, Junior Production Coordinator or Production Coordinator, or similar.
– An interest in audio and podcast output
– An interest in progression through production management
– Excellent administrative skills and IT skills including experience using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Outlook, to a good standard is absolutely essential
– Experience of completing production paperwork using Proteus and/or Silvermouse
– Experience of researching and clearing archive material and music for public service use
– Experience using systems such as SAP and MyBusiness
– A keen eye for detail and ability to juggle a number of different programmes at once in studio and on location is essential – this will be a very busy role
– Demonstrable organisational and forward-planning skills
– Resilient, calm and professional manner
– An excellent, clear communicator – able to adjust tone and approach for different audiences
– Experience of setting up more complex recordings, events or shoots, including with international travel, is advantageous
See link below for further details.
Published on 9 September 2020