Youth Orchestra Administrator
The Hallé is seeking an enthusiastic and flexible person, with knowledge of classical music and experience of working with young people, who is seeking to embark on or progress with a career in arts administration. This is a part-time post, with some evening and weekend working. Reporting to the Head of Ensembles, the Youth Orchestra Administrator is responsible for the management and pastoral care of the Hallé Youth Orchestra. (S)he will work under the direction of the Head of Ensembles in administering all Youth Orchestra activities, in collaboration with the Hallé Assistant Conductor.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day administration of the Youth Orchestra, including budget management
- Pastoral care responsibility whilst on call
- Planning and booking rehearsals, projects and concerts in liaison with the Assistant Conductor
- Organisation of the Youth Orchestra’s library and stage management requirements
- Recruitment of members of the Youth Orchestra
- Liaison with and animation of volunteer help for the Youth Orchestra
- Hiring instruments and arranging tuning as required for Youth Orchestra projects
- Reporting to and servicing the Young People’s Advisory Group
See further details at the link below.
Published on 10 September 2018