Group Head of Entertainment and Music
RTÉ is hiring a Group Head of Entertainment and Music.
Reporting into the Deputy Director of Content, the Group Head of Entertainment and Music will have overall responsibility for the development of RTÉ’s entertainment and music genre.
This post will set the content agenda for RTÉ’s Entertainment and Music offering and will work closely with the Director of Content and Deputy Director of Content, Group Heads and production resources to achieve agreed objectives in relation to RTÉ’s Entertainment and Music content and output. There will be a number of direct reports reporting into the Group Head of Entertainment and Music.
Key Responsibilities will include:
– All matters concerning entertainment and music output across all of RTÉ’s platforms, leading and co-ordinating all efforts to ensure RTÉ maximises the impact of the unique range of entertainment and music content that RTÉ offers its audiences
– Origination, development and delivery of all entertainment and music programming through a combination of RTÉ’s in-house, commissioning through independent producers and through the securing of co production arrangements with other broadcasters and/or funders
– Help to maximise RTÉ share of audience in all areas, delivering programming of the highest editorial quality while maintaining public service remit
– Developing new , innovative and creative solutions to business challenges
– Assess and oversee the internal production processes, ensuring an infrastructure that facilitates a creative environment and timely delivery of projects
– Provide creative and collaborative leadership across the entertainment and music genre
– Manage resources in accordance with the annual programme and business plan and agreed performance measures
– Prepare, monitor and control entertainment and music programme production schedule, budget and people plan
– Reflect a more diverse society in entertainment and music content
– Source and develop new on air talent and off air talent
– Assist RTÉ in devising company policy and strategy documents in a pro active way, to reflect Ireland’s changing demographics and the changes in audiences trends
The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of this genre and of target audiences needs and expectations. You will have significant senior leadership experience in a similar editorial or production role with a strong understanding of Public Service Broadcasting and the ability to lead and develop large creative teams.
You must be capable of building excellent relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and have an ability to transform ideas and proposals into practical reality. Experience of overseeing significant budgets and understanding key financial drivers for RTÉ will be essential for this role. You will have excellent organisational and planning skills and have the ability to lead and deliver change through people.
See link below for further details.