Team Assistant (Orchestra and Tours)
BBC Symphony Orchestra are candidates for the position of Team Assistant (Orchestra and Tours).
Reporting to the Orchestra Personnel Manager, your main duties will include:
– Managing the payment process for freelance musicians employed by the Orchestra.
– Co-ordinating the process for the recruitment of staff players
– Providing support to the Tours Manager
– Providing administrative support to the Orchestra Manager and the Orchestra Personnel Manager
– Providing the main point of contact for and to assist with the management of the BBC SO / RCM Pathway Scheme
Are you the right candidate?
You will need to have a genuine interest in the work of the BBC Symphony Orchestra, and preferably some experience of working in orchestral administration or a professional performing arts organisation. You will also need a good working knowledge of orchestral music and a strong practical musical education and background. You’ll need to have good administration and IT skills including a familiarity with Microsoft Office Packages, especially Excel, with some knowledge of SAP, ACON ot OPAS (desirable). You’ll also need to have good organisation skills, be able to prioritise workloads whilst under pressure and have good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with a broad range of people.
See link below for further details.