Assistant Orchestra Manager
The Hallé are seeking an enthusiastic and flexible person, who has knowledge of Classical music to degree level or equivalent who is seeking to embark on or who is in the early stages of a career in arts administration. This is a full time post, with some evening and weekend working.
Reporting to the Orchestra Manager, the Assistant Orchestra Manager is responsible for booking extra players and deputies with the Hallé, and for the administration of auditions of permanent and extra players. (S)he will also deputise for the Orchestra Manager at concerts, recordings and rehearsal where appropriate.
– Under the direction of the Orchestra Manager (OM), engage all extras and deputies working with the Hallé including:
– all advanced freelance player bookings as advised
– Keeping an up-to-date and accurate database of all extras and deputies engaged by the Hallé.
– Administer all auditions for permanent and extra players with the Hallé by:
– preparing all advertisement copy, in liaison with the Design and Print Manager,
– Convening the audition panels and liaising with permanent musical staff (Music Director, Leader, Section Leaders, and Orchestral Pianist etc) on all matters including repertoire, in conjunction with the OM.
– Setting times of auditions and panel meetings, in liaison with the Concerts Director and OM.
– Booking venues, accompanists and tuners.
– Processing enquiries and applications for auditions.
– Keeping records on the outcome of auditions.
– Managing the trial periods with the relevant section leader
– Provide support to the Music Director and/or visiting conductors and soloists to the Hallé.
– Provide administrative support to the Concerts Department, including things such as tour administration.
– Deputise for the Orchestra Manager where appropriate, both on UK and foreign tours.
– Assist the Concerts Director in Health & Safety and administrative matters.
– Any other tasks as reasonably directed by the Orchestral Manager.
See link below for further details.
Published on 11 July 2019