Formulation of a Festivals and Events Strategy for Limerick 2020-2030
Limerick City and County Council believe that Festivals and Events play a distinctive role in developing vibrant and sustainable communities. Research has proven that festivals and events drive tourism growth as well as grow capacity within the creative sector itself.
Festivals and Events also offer important opportunities for residents, visitors and creatives to gather, collaborate, experiment, explore and present work in an atmosphere of celebration. Festivals and Events celebrate diversity and change and encourage people and places to value their lives and the communities they live in.
Financial investment in festivals and events has already contributed to:
– Limerick’s revitalisation, complementing economic development and community growth.
– The tourism offer understanding the interdependence between culture and tourism.
– Culture as a shared resource that has energised and enabled a USP for Limerick City and County Council’s collective ambition.
This tender is part of the actions to support the following strategies adopted by Limerick City and County Council;
1. Limerick Economic and Community Plan.
2. Limerick 2030 Economic and Spatial Plan for Limerick.
3. The Limerick Cultural Strategy : A Framework 2016-2030.
4. The Limerick Tourism Development Strategy 2019-2023.
Type of Contract:
Services Contracting authority
Limerick City and County Council
See link below for further details.