The Galway Arts Centre is on the lookout for a dynamic, enthusiastic person who will strengthen our team and help us improve the services we provide for the community.
Galway Arts Centre are currently looking for a part-time Finance Officer with an interest in the arts to join our team.
Hours will average at one and half days per week, 10am to 5pm but will vary dependent on the time of year and/or requirements of our funders. Some weeks may require more hours, but this will be negotiated with advance notice. Flexible hours and working from home considered.
Galway Arts Centre are seeking a candidate that has a background or interest in the arts and experience of managing the accounting functions of a small to medium organisation. You will be a highly organised individual with strong technical skills, who communicates well with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to prioritise issues.
This is a hands-on role and involves overseeing all aspects of the financial management of the Galway Arts Centre including the GAC Community Employment Scheme and Cúirt International Festival of Literature. The post holder will be the sole person responsible for maintaining the accounts of Galway Arts Centre and liaising with the external accountants and auditors.
• Have at least 5 years’ experience in a senior (or comparable) accounting role
• Have a knowledge of the reporting requirements of charitable organisations and familiar with the obligations of Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP)
• Be familiar with statutory and regulatory requirements and a clear understanding of all tax issues relevant to the arts
• Understand GDPR and AML requirements along with a detailed knowledge of VAT and PAYE
You will be joining a small close-knit team and will support and report directly to the director, while working closely with the General Manager and the rest of the team.
Desirable requirements for the role:
Ensure the Galway Arts Centre financial systems are kept up to date including:
• Maintaining artist payment records and debtor reports
• Managing general overhead and payment records including annual review of costs and related contracts
• Manage and control credit card and petty cash expenditure
• Support the General manager on payroll, PAYE and other matters as required
• Have extensive experience of Excel and QuickBooks in Accounting and Thesaurus and ROS in payroll
• Liaise and support the Director in implementing policies in relation to financial matters
• Liaise with the auditors for the annual audit and preparing any documentation relevant to this
• Prepare budget reports as required for the Director, Board and the Arts Council (and others as required)
• Support all departments to find creative ways to reduce costs
• Manage and advise on regulatory, tax and legal matters relevant to the organisation
Please email a cover letter and current CV to Paraic Breathnach at [email protected] by Friday 19th of September at 5 pm
Interviews to take place on Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th September.
Please note this is a 6-month fixed term contract. There will be an option to review and renew at the end of the 6-month period.