Administrative Assistant to the Music Director
This is a part-time, salaried position, provides administrative and clerical support to the Music Director. The Administrative Assistant will ensure the Music Director has an organizational presence even when he/she is out of town, and will bolster the effectiveness, impact and focus of his/her work while present in Cincinnati. This position will provide additional departmental support for artist-related matters.
20-22 hours/week, on average. Ranging from 32-40 hours during Music Director conducting weeks, to 10-12 hours in other weeks.
– Manage and prepare Music Director’s CSO calendar, liaising with the President, VP & General Manager and Director of Artistic – – – – Planning & Administration on details, updating as necessary during CSO conducting weeks and administrative periods.
– Coordinate philanthropy, communications, marketing and education/community engagement requests with appropriate staff.
– Handle correspondence via e-mail, phone and letter.
– Arrange CSO business travel and transportation arrangements, domestic and international.
– Maintain relationship with Mostly Mozart Festival and Askonas Holt staff regarding travel and information requests.
– Complete various tasks, including but not limited to: concert wardrobe dry cleaning, meal runs and Green Room grocery shopping, office cleaning, etc.
– Provide transportation for Music Director and guest artists as needed.
– Liaise with contractors and vendors, plus partner with Executive Assistant to the President and other administrative staff to complete assignments, as needed.
– Oversee and manage special projects, plus other duties, as assigned.
– Other duties as assigned
Success in the position requires excellence in the following areas:
– High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
– Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
– Precision and accuracy in all work deliverables and communications.
– Constant attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
– Excellent time management skills, punctuality, and a strong ability to prioritize.
See link below for further details.