The Metropolitan Opera is looking for someone to join the staff in the role of Artistic Assistant. This full-time position provides support to the Assistant General Manager, Artistic and the Associate Artistic Administrator for administrative needs, coordination of auditions, and daily artistic operations.
Strong candidates for this role will possess superior organizational and technological skills and attention to detail and be excellent writers and communicators. They will be adept at working with a wide variety of people and personalities in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment; have past administrative experience; and be able to handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion. In-depth knowledge of opera is essential.
- Provide assistance to the Assistant General Manager, Artistic in coordinating the daily schedule and artistic operations.
- In cooperation with Associate Artistic Administrator, schedule and monitor all non-mainstage screening auditions for the Artistic Department, liaising with Assistant General Manager, Artistic; Associate Artistic Administrator; managers; and singers.
- Work with rehearsal and props departments to manage all room reservations and set up related to auditions.
- Manage auditions including related internal communications and monitoring auditions.
- Create and update database records related to all auditions and performances heard by Assistant General Manager, Artistic and Associate Artistic Administrator.
- Coordinate cast change announcements with Press Department and circulate memos to the company in cooperation with the Artistic Assistant to the Artistic Administrator.
- Field phone calls from managers, opera administrators and other colleagues.
- Track and report any contracts that are overdue and/or unsigned to Assistant General Manager, Artistic, and Associate Artistic Administrator in cooperation with the Artistic Assistant to the Artistic Administrator. Follow-up and correspond with agents to facilitate contracts being signed and returned.
- Update Artistic Program databases to reflect artist changes in management as well as manager changes to contract details, agencies and partnerships.
- Manage reports and update databases to ensure current information.
- Update artist releases and availability in Artistic Program.
- Provide general administrative assistance for the Assistant General Manager, Artistic and the Associate Artistic Administrator, including scheduling meetings, auditions, making travel and hotel arrangements, and requesting tickets to performances in NYC and abroad.
- Track finances for the Assistant General Manager, Artistic and Associate Artistic Administrator including forecasting travel budgets for upcoming business trips, reconciling all travel and corporate credit card expenses, generating reimbursement memos to payroll, and producing final travel expense report packages for the finance department.
- Manage ticket requests from opera administrators and other colleagues.
See further details at the link below.
NB: No deadline specified
Published on 12 September 2018