Senior Touring Technician
The Hayward Gallery is the hub of visual arts activity at Southbank Centre and is now seeking a Senior Touring Technician to join the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the dedicated Technical team responsible for helping the Southbank Centre realise its ambitious visual arts programme. You will participate in the planning, installation, de-installation and maintenance of Hayward Touring exhibitions, those in the Hayward Gallery itself and also on other visual arts projects at Southbank Centre.
You will work as part of the Hayward Gallery Operations team and will be rostered flexibly over 7 days for up to 160 hours over four weeks including occasional weekends to meet the needs of the programme. This role will involve extensive travel around the UK involving many nights away from the London base. You must be an experienced art handling technician and have worked in this role in a gallery environment installing, handling and packing a wide range of artworks including works on paper, paintings, sculptures and audiovisual installations.
If you have the following experience we would love to hear from you:
– Art handling and working in a gallery environment installing, handling and packing a wide range of artworks including works on paper, paintings, sculptures and audiovisual installations.
– Project management and planning of complex installations including producing schedules, risk assessments and installation files and maintaining those
– Leading and managing a large team of art technicians including supervising freelance technicians on a daily and project basis
– Design and fabrication of exhibition furniture
– Written and verbal communication skills: the ability to work well within a team and communicate with people at all levels, both internally and externally
See link below for further details.