Clerical Officer, Finance Department
Reports to: Head of Finance
Location: National Concert Hall, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Contract Duration: Full Time & Permanent with Pension Entitlements
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE
The role of Clerical Officer (Accounts) is important in the smooth running of the day-to-day financial operations of the Finance Department and plays a critical role in supporting the vision and activities of the National Concert Hall, as a premier cultural and historical music venue.
This role will be responsible as part of the team, for the following tasks
• Operation and management of the integrated payroll systems packages for employees
• Supporting the preparation of the National Concert Hall’s monthly accounts to the trial balance stage.
• Completion of digital monthly bank reconciliations to strict deadlines; preparing and processing of daily settlement invoices for concerts.
• Preparation of batch payment files for processing through the banking online system.
• Bank lodgments and petty cash.
• Posting data, printing, and filing reports for debtors, creditors and the nominal ledger to/from books of prime entry; reconciling creditors statements to creditors listing.
• Reconciling monthly sales ledger balance to aged debtors’ listings, sending out monthly debtors’ statements and following up outstanding amounts in a timely manner.
• Preparation of journal vouchers.
• Assisting with internal and external audit reporting requirements
• Preparation of various reports on tight monthly & quarterly deadlines
• Assist the accountant with various ad-hoc tasks.
• 3 years recent relevant experience in a similar busy environment
• Member of Accounting Technicians Ireland or hold a third level business qualification or equivalent.
• Current operational experience of, and to have managed a payroll system.
• A high level of proficiency in using bank reconciliations software is also critical.
• Excellent Team Player.
• Relevant Accounting Skills,
• Relevant Financial Software Exposure,
• Microsoft Excel expertise,
• Data Entry & General Numeric Skills,
• Analyzing Information,
• Attention to detail,
• Good Written & Verbal Communication
• Organisational Skills.
Pay: The NCH Clerical Officer salary scale applies (rates effective from 1 Oct 2021) as follows:
€28,892 €30,505 €31,926 €32,804 €33,814 €34,642
€35,793 €36,952 €38,102 €39,255 €40,408 €41,444
PERSONAL PENSION CONTRIBUTION (PPC)
The PPC pay scale will apply where the appointee is an existing civil or public servant appointed on or after 6th April 1995 and is required to make a personal pension contribution. It will also apply to new permanent employees and fixed term un-established employees.
Please note that appointment will be made at the first point on this salary scale.
Pension – Membership of Single Public Service Pension Scheme.
The annual leave entitlement is 21 days per annum.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a tailored cover letter outlining your suitability and experience to [email protected] by 12pm on Friday 26th November
Please format your CV and covering letter in an editable (Microsoft Word) format.
The selection may include:
• shortlisting of candidates on the basis of the information contained in their application
• a competitive interview
• presentation or other exercises that may be deemed appropriate
The National Concert Hall is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and do not discriminate based on gender, age, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, membership of the Travelling community or family status.