Mentoring Programme for Underrepresented Writers
Are you a creative writer from an underrepresented community? Would you value support and mentoring in 2021? Do you struggle to find time, space and resources for writing?
The Walls of Limerick is a Writepace project funded by the Arts Council and aims to connect with and support a diverse group of underrepresented creative writers in Limerick, the Midwest and beyond.
Specifically, successful applicants will be offered:
– Free individualised mentoring from experienced writers.
– Free, fully funded participation in a bespoke weekend residency for writers, (or online equivalent) which will provide an intensive, highly supportive environment in which to develop and accelerate creative work on a specific writing goal.
– The opportunity to have their work edited, proofread and published in a special edition of Limerick literary journal, Silver Apples Magazine.
– Support from the Writepace member network – a Limerick-based co-operative for creative writers.
– Practical support for writing equipment and resources including laptop loan scheme.
You are eligible to apply if you are a creative writer living in Ireland who:
– Has a demonstrated commitment to and accomplishment in your creative writing
– Is from an underrepresented group including but not confined to writers who are :
Older writers (60+), carers, minceir, living with a disability, living in direct provision, living in socioeconomically disadvantaged circumstances, LGTBQAi+, from working class communities, from minority ethnic, refugee or asylum seeking communities or from any other excluded, marginalised or oppressed community.Has a demonstrated commitment to and accomplishment in your creative writing
See link below for further details.
Published on 13 January 2021