Open Call for Artist/Curator
Dance Limerick invites applications for a Dance Artist/Curator to shape and deliver a new pilot programme, Dance Limerick Connects.
The Role of the Dance Artist/Curator will be both developmental and delivery focused as follows:
• Research and nurture new partnerships that will extend participation in and participation and engagement with creative dance among communities currently under served by Dance Limerick
• Cement partnerships with 2-3 key organisations who work with communities of place or interest
• Work with partners or communities directly to co-design or co-author a series of taster projects (2-3) using the tools of movement and participatory arts; and lead on delivery of these projects.
• Foster open communication and diverse participation through collaborative creative processes
• Develop reciprocal relationships where the voices and creativity of all participants are included
• Create work that explores social issues, context and challenges that are relevant to individuals/groups, either directly or indirectly and which promotes civic dialogue
Person Specification / Essential Skills, Experience & Qualities:
• Experience in dance teaching and learning, ideally vocationally trained or equivalent.
• Experience of leading dance and participation projects.
• Experience of working inclusively with people of different ages and abilities through dance.
• An ability and genuine passion to work with communities in a variety of settings and with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
• Good partnership skills and the ability to build close working relationships with community groups and other organisations.
• Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
• Well organised with a flexible and proactive approach to work and the ability to deliver work within a timely and efficient manner.
• Willingness and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
See link below for further details.
Published on 14 January 2021