Open Call is a programme for artists and arts organisations to develop and shift their practice and profile work on a national scale, creating high-profile arts central to people’s lives.
The purpose of the award is to support projects which:
– Are brave in the pursuit of creative risk taking and seek to develop the ambition of the artist
– Encourage discourse, provocation or response to place and identity as part of contemporary Ireland.
– Evidence collaborative practices between artforms and artform practice areas (cross artform)
– Demonstrate the pursuit of /open up opportunities for making work/collaborating in new territories of arts practice.
– Extend the reach and impact of a project, with a fresh and dynamic approach to public engagement. In this context, public engagement may refer to participants and/or audiences
– Establishes and evidences effect project partnerships, which may include high profile international dimensions and collaborators in terms of public visibility and resource-based partnerships
The Open Call application process takes place in three phases. Phase 2 is for those whose proposals have been shortlisted and invited to submit further detail of what they propose for an International Jury. A reduced final shortlist will be selected by the International Jury for interview for Phase 3.
Those candidates selected for Phase 3 will be asked to attend an interview and make a presentation for the International Jury (the jury will remain the same for phases 2 & 3).
Open Call is for projects commencing in 2021 and completing in 2021 or 2022.
See link below for further details.
Published on 14 February 2020