This position works collaboratively within the marketing team and reports to the Director of Marketing. This internship has a requirement of 8-20 hours per week. Eight hours minimum is required. Availability both during business hours and on weekends for event duties is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Work across the Marketing Team to execute marketing plans
– Assist with virtual and in-person community events
– Tabulate audience surveys and write summaries
– Support digital/social media/mobile initiatives
– Help advance the work laid out in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan
– Support the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts of the CSO’s strategic plan.
– Other related duties required as part of a team environment
– Upper level (college junior of senior) and/or graduate student pursuing degrees in Marketing, Arts Management, Public Relations, Journalism, Music or Communications preferred.
– Excellent project management, and verbal/written communication and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
– Innate curiosity and willingness to learn
– Enjoys working collaboratively but also takes initiative to work independently and remotely
– Ability to professionally represent the CSO in the community
– Enjoys communicating with and assisting the public
– Thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment and can process information on the fly
– Some knowledge of classical and/or choral music a plus
– Experience with video and photo editing a plus
– Experience with social media platforms, especially Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok a plus
– Knowledge of and/or passion for the arts
– Compensation: $15.00 per hour not to exceed 20 hours per week.
– Duration of Internship: Fall 2020 – June 2021
A Commitment to Inclusion
The Orchestra’s commitment to inclusion is fundamental to who we are as an organization. Reflecting our community and the world around at every level—on stage, behind-the-scenes, and in neighborhoods throughout the region—is essential to the Orchestra’s present and future and makes us a stronger ensemble and institution. We encourage underrepresented candidates to apply.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
(Please put “Marketing Intern” in the subject line)
See further details at the link below.