New Jersey Symphony Orchestra seeks a Marketing Assistant.
The Marketing Assistant is responsible for providing marketing and administrative support to the NJSO Marketing Department. This position reports to the Director of Marketing, as well as working closely with other team members in the department and with key personnel across the organization.
General Marketing Support:
– Manage the production schedule for all graphic and digital design assets, printing, mailing and broadcast email for the NJSO, using Basecamp2 project management software.
– Coordinate distribution of proofs to multiple staff members and compile edits for the designer.
– Participate in audience development initiatives to grow future classical music patrons by coordinating the promotional and logistical efforts for NJSO College Nights, Young Professionals, #OrchestraYou and other NJSO Accent events.
– Manage relationship with third party online deal sites (Groupon, Travelzoo, etc.); implement promotions as directed and work with Patron Services to ensure accuracy of offer details.
– Coordinate the production and grassroots distribution of event flyers and posters.
– Assist with proofreading marketing materials as needed.
– Create and maintain a digital asset management system for the organization (photo and video archive).
– Post NJSO events on event schedule websites and social media outlets.
– Schedule, print and ensure delivery for program book inserts, to venue(s) and/or NJSO Operations personnel.
– Coordinate the scheduling and production of 3-sheet posters and facilitate the timely placement and removal of 3-sheets with venue partners.
– Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 1–2 years administrative experience in event marketing or advertising is required.
– Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills, including excellent writing and proofreading skills.
– Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to function effectively as part of a team.
– Ability to multi-task and work well with shifting priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
– Strong aptitude in MS Word and Excel is required.
– Ability to navigate the internet and post detailed event information into online databases, including resizing images as required.
– Interest in nonprofit, performing arts and orchestral music and experience with project management tools preferred.
See link below for further details.
N.B No deadline specified.