Chief Executive Officer
The University of Atypical is now recruiting for a professional, dynamic and transformational leader to oversee the future strategic development, growth and success of the organisation.
The University of Atypical (UofA) is a disabled-led development charity working towards cultural equity for disabled/deaf people. It is a catalyst for the empowerment of disabled/deaf people in the arts, working across the whole spectrum of disability. You will need to have a proven record of leadership and success with experience in working with the disabled and d/Deaf community and artists. Applications from applicants living with disability are particularly welcomed in line with the organisation’s constitutional aims.
– Third level qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Arts Management, though demonstrable transferable skills from other disciplines will be considered
– Minimum of 5 years management experience in a leadership or senior management role with responsibility for financial management
– Experience of high-level decision making on policies and strategic plans
– Extensive experience of facilitating a Board of Trustees and keeping Trustees informed of key business activities
– Proven ability to develop, gain approval for and implement operational / business and strategic plans
– Experience of developing an organisation’s culture and overall vision, creating a positive work environment promoting excellence, enhancing staff morale, and performance
– Extensive experience of identifying and securing funding opportunities to support programming activities and organisation development
– Extensive knowledge and experience of the arts and cultural sector in NI. Experience gained in organisations which demonstrate excellent access and arts and disability programmes will be prioritised
See link below for further details.