Director of Commercial and Venue Operations
A Director of Commercial and Venue Operations position is available, playing a critical role within the organisation as a member of the Senior Management Team. The role is responsible for promoting and managing the venue, overseeing all operations within the building, including commercial hire, concerts, and community engagement programmes (delivered by the Orchestra Team). The role is accountable for delivering increased commercial venue hire income targets, managing the Box Office team, liaising with catering, improving the audience and visitor experience, and driving operational efficiency across all areas of venue operations.
– Support the Chief Executive in strategy development.
– Take overall responsibility for the venue calendar.
– Promote the venue and liaise with commercial hirers to maximise income generation.
– Work with the Operations Coordinator to manage public concerts in the venue, including equipment hire and stage/seating layouts.
– Collaborate with the Communications Team to ensure the organisation’s work reaches a wide and diverse audience.
– Lead the Box Office Team to maximise sales and ensure efficient and GDPR-compliant data usage.
– Lead the Catering Team to integrate catering functions into the visitor offer throughout the day.
– Supervise the Front of House Manager in managing the casual staff team of ushers and crew.
– Effectively line manage direct reports, ensuring timely appraisals and identified training needs are met.
The Director of Commercial and Venue Operations is a full-time, permanent role. Regular hours are Monday to Friday, 9:30 am - 5:30 pm, with flexibility required for some evening and weekend events. Annual leave is 25 days plus statutory bank holidays. The notice period is three months, following a six-month probation period.
Salary: circa £40,000-£45,000 per annum, dependent on experience, plus a 3% Employer Pension contribution.
See link below for further details.