Music Programme Co-ordinator
British Council seeks a Music Programme Coordinator to join the music team in London.
In the Music team we use our connections and understanding of the UK contemporary music sector across all genres from classical to urban to advise and support our international colleagues on working with music within cultural relations programmes and provide a link to the UK. Together we develop projects to encourage showcasing, collaboration and professional exchange. We work in partnership with musicians, composers, festivals, venues, journalists, programmers, sector organisations and other sector professionals to build relationships between the music communities across all genres in the UK and around the world.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Music Programme Coordinator to provide administrative support, project assistance and professional sector liaison, making efficient use of processes and systems, to ensure the smooth running and satisfactory delivery of Music Department’s work.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following essential knowledge & experience:
– Experience of office administration for example organising travel, finance, events and diary management.
– Excellent knowledge of and interest in UK music sector and a wide range of contemporary UK music.
Some of the main opportunities/challenges include:
– Managing competing demands on time and resource.
– Ensuring projects run smoothly and to plan, working alongside programme managers to achieve this
– Proactive project management from contracting through to finance including purchase order and invoice processing within a large corporate system.
– Maintaining up-to-date records of contacts and activity to support music programming and evaluation.
– Maintaining good relationships across art form groups and business support teams (especially finance, IT and facilities).
– Build knowledge across all genres of the UK music sector, live, recorded and broadcast
– Works closely with the Communications manager in Music team
See link below for further details.