The National Youth Jazz Orchestra (NYJO) is seeking a dynamic and experienced communications professional to build on recent success and enhance NYJO’s position as one of the most respected and effective organisations in the arts and music education in the UK. The role is focused on marketing efforts, plus contributing to more general organisational strategy and management.
The main purpose of this role is to lead NYJO’s communications. As part of NYJO’s management team, the role holder has responsibility for all communications and marketing functions, where there is significant scope for the role-holder to increase NYJO’s visibility and raise profile. The role also includes a significant element of general management tasks as the Executive Chair is not office-based. This includes leading on IT and systems strategy and project management and spearheading organisational development project. The role-holder will be proactive in creating beneficial partnerships and networks to support NYJO’s work and ensure NYJO has a strong voice within UK music education and the wider arts sector.
Role & Responsibilities
– Lead on press and PR plans to raise NYJO’s local, national and international profile.
– Coordinate the development of the NYJO brand and be the brand guardian for the organisation.
– Project manage a complete website upgrade in 2020
– Maintain and develop relationships with journalists, musicians, bloggers etc.
– Develop effective marketing campaigns for performances, supporting ticket sales by promoters (NYJO does not run its own box office).
– Develop strategies to build NYJO’s contacts database of audience members and prospective friends.
– Improve NYJO’s Audience Development strategy, in line with our charitable objectives
– Manage and coordinate all print and online resources, including designers, printers, photographers, website developers.
– Manage social media, briefing other team members on use where appropriate.
– Manage appropriate devolved budgets.
– Write and edit copy as appropriate for promoter brochures, NYJO’s website, newsletters, social media, brochures, press releases, adverts and other print.
– Oversee the Development and Communications Coordinator whose main areas of communications responsibility are managing gig marketing, social media and the monthly newsletter.
– As part of the Senior Management Team, take a leadership role within the office.
– Lead on office-wide policy and systems development and implementation
– Contribute to effective channels of communication between office and remote-working staff
– Contribute to the organisation’s financial strategy
– Manage NYJO’s IT consultant
– Liaise with NYJO’s third party suppliers (including building management)
– As part of a small organisation, undertake additional tasks where necessary, working cooperatively as part of an interconnected team.
– Represent the organisation at external meetings and events
– Be a strong advocate for NYJO, British jazz and music education.
See link below for further details.
Published on 16 July 2019