Ireland Music Week – Call for Applications
Applications to perform at Ireland Music Week 2019 (1–5 October) are now Open.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
• You will need to apply for IMW through Breaking Tunes. You will need to create a profile on Breaking Tunes (if you don’t already have one). You will then find the application form in the ‘Opportunities’ section on your Dashboard.
• There is no fee to apply to play at Ireland Music Week 2019
• We only accept applications from artists living in Ireland or Irish artists living overseas. We do not accept applications from international artists.
• The deadline for applications is Sunday, June 16th 2019 at 23.59pm
• If you have been successful, you will be notified by email in early August 2019
• If you are selected to showcase, your performance will be part of an industry showcase and showcasing artists cannot receive a fee to perform. Ireland Music Week cannot offer payment for travel and accommodation for Irish artists who are living overseas.
• Showcase performances will take place on Friday, October 4th and Saturday, October 5th 2019 (typically between the hours of 7pm and 1am)
If you have any issues submitting your application, please email info [at] irelandmusicweek.com
HOW DO THE BOOKING TEAM SELECT WHO GETS TO SHOWCASE?
Our panel of national and international judges are hand picked from across the global music industry. The judges include festival bookers, labels, managers, music journalists, publishers, booking agents, and many more. The highest rated artists from each judge go forward to make up the final line-up.
HOW ARE THE APPLICATIONS JUDGED?
The judging criteria is split into 5 categories:
• Songwriting ability
• Quality of songs
• Quality of recording
• Gut feeling
WILL I RECEIVE FEEDBACK IF I’M NOT SUCCESSFUL IN MY APPLICATION?
All of our judges are required to provide feedback on the artists in their categories. The feedback will be constructive and will give you a better chance of successfully applying in the future. You will receive details by email about how and when you can access your feedback.
ANY ADVICE ON APPLYING?
It may sound obvious but put your best foot forward to give yourself the best possible chance. Please make sure your Breaking Tunes profile is completely up to date, your biography is short & to the point/interesting, your photos are of the highest possible quality/resolution and all your social media and streaming links are working properly. As well as looking at and reviewing your application form, the judges will also be looking at and reviewing your Breaking Tunes profile so it is important that you present it to them at its very best. It is also important to demonstrate how a slot at IMW fits into your plan for 2019/2020 and beyond.