*** The deadline for this position has been extended to 13 September ***
Crash Ensemble is seeking to appoint a new Producer/Concerts Manager to join its team. Do you love logistics and event production and have a passion for music and the arts? This could be the role for you!
This is a part-time role (24 hours per week).
Reporting to: CEO
Key Internal Relationships: Artistic Director, CEO, Audio Producer/Production Manager, Crash Musicians, Community Manager, Education Officer, Other Crash Creatives and Production team including Crash’s Filmmaker in Residence, Music Makers & Composers.
Key External Relationships: Venues, music/instrument suppliers, other music and arts organisations.
Role and Responsibilities
• Assisting in the production of Crash Ensemble’s calendar of events
• Manage budgets as signed off by CEO
• Organising the logistics related to Crash rehearsals, recordings, performances and events
• Liaise with musicians regarding all logistics and ensure that they have information required in a timely manner
• Coordinate load in and load out to venues
• Attend and run all rehearsal sessions (including set up and take down), performances, recording sessions
• Deliver stage plans and production schedules (based on existing templates)
• Execute stage plans including seating, music stands, stand lighting etc.
• Act as Stage Manager for Crash Ensemble performances
• Ensure compliance with venue regulations and Crash’s Safety Policies & Procedures
• Clear the stage post show, remove all Crash equipment and transport to storage.
• Work with the CEO and artistic staff to support general administration and coordination of concerts, commissions, recording, engagement and fringe activities.
• Contribute to the development of the organisation strategically and administratively.
• Contribute to funding applications and developmental initiatives as required.
• Provide up to date information to the CEO regarding player rehearsal fees for player payments.
• Work with the CEO processing invoice payments.
• Provide all relevant financial paperwork to the CEO.
• Work with the CEO on collating relevant data for funding reporting.
• Assisting the ensemble’s CEO and marketing & PR personnel on all aspects of communications when needed.
• Other administrative tasks as required.
Person Specification and Skills
● Experience of working in a performing arts context
● Knowledge and understanding of music and a passion for the arts and Crash’s work
● Fluency in English
● Full clean driving licence with access to a car
● An aptitude for, and experience in project management and office administration
● Experience in using Google Drive and Google applications, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
● Reliable, proactive and highly organised with an ability to multitask
● Excellent administration skills
● Deadline‐oriented with strong attention to detail
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Calm under pressure
● An enthusiastic, motivated and energetic individual with a positive “can do” attitude
● A creative thinker and problem solver
● A qualification in a relevant area.
● Excellent writing skills
● Knowledge of marketing, PR and communications
Download the candidate information pack below.