Chief Data Officer
Arts Council England seeks a Chief Data Officer.
Location: Any Arts Council office outside London. The postholder will need to travel to London, Manchester, and other ACE locations as required to deliver the objectives
Main day to day responsibilities:
– Develop organisation-wide skills and knowledge in data management.
– Build a data-literate culture both within the organisation and within the wider arts sector.
– Build and lead a data Insight and Research team, which will provide support to you in the above, including activities to:
– – create a structured and consistent data platform,
– – work with the business to define requirements,
– – improve data quality,
– – democratise data,
– – manage data delivery,
– – carry out research and analysis,
– – create powerful and accessible data reporting and innovation.
– Fully understand the organisation’s data supply chain and ecosystem.
– Finalise timescales for and provide management for a detailed multi-year data strategy implementation plan.
– Drive the resourcing of the changes: oversee the introduction of new team structures, roles and responsibilities to improve expertise and focus responsibilities on strategic data goals.
– Develop and implement new data governance protocols and procedures.
– Identify data gaps, silos, organisational inefficiencies and develop responses to these in order to simplify and focus the data work-stream.
– Formalise new accountabilities and working groups for relevant colleagues.
– Oversee the introduction of new data technologies.
– Set relevant policies, standards and KPI’s.
– Monitor improvement and report performance.
See link below for further details.