Saturday Programme Assistant
HMDT Music seeks highly motivated individual who is interested in music education to join the team as a Saturday Programme Assistant.
Taking place on 30 Saturdays per year, the role involves assisting the Management and Tutorial teams practically to make sure that the programme runs smoothly. This is through ensuring that the tutors and the tuckshop have everything that they require, setting up instruments and equipment in the right place at the right time, escorting children from one class to another, as well as ensuring the building is left clean and tidy. This is a varied role, and, whilst experience of working with children isn’t essential, it will be advantageous due to the client group. The successful applicant will be a friendly and hard working person, who ideally has a background in music or stage management, and isn’t afraid to get involved. There are some opportunities to teach and watch various classes. Please note that this role involves some moderate lifting.
– Knowledge of and/or experience in the arts, particularly music;
– Ability to interact with adults and children in a friendly and professional manner;
– Excellent spoken English and the ability to communicate clearly;
– Organised and with attention to detail;
– Ability to take direction;
– Ability to work under own initiative;
– Ability to move and handle equipment and materials;
Experience of working around children
The post involves working on Saturdays from 7:45am for approximately 9.25 hours for 20 weeks across the academic year between 9 January 2021 and 10 July 2021, in Hackney. The role would start on 9 January 2021 for the Spring and Summer terms, with the possibility of a new contract for the 2021-2022 academic year.
See link below for further details.
Published on 17 November 2020