Deputy Course Leader- Professional Musicianship
BIMM seeks a Deputy Course Leader- Professional Musicianship to be based in Manchester.
● Responsible for ensuring module guides are completed for each course as required and all materials are made available on Moodle
● Ensuring all teaching materials and resources for the course are in place in good time to support the effectiveness of teaching staff in their lesson planning and delivery
● Complete regular lesson observations and work closely with the Head of Learning and Teaching, to ensure the quality of teaching, continued feedback and development of teaching staff
● Ensuring relevant continued personal development plans (CPD) are in place and implemented for teaching staff
● Ensuring appropriate assessment standards are understood and implemented by teaching staff
● Compiling accurate and timely assessment data as required
● Ensuring that the quality of teaching meets the required BIMM standards; proactively responding to feedback received and ensuring content and examples are relevant and that lesson content and materials are regularly refreshed
● Ensure assessments are carried out as directed.
● To mark assessments as directed and in accordance with the BIMM guides
● To moderate assessments and examinations as directed
● To complete detailed and informative student inductions
● To maintain industry connections to keep knowledge of industry and specialist subjects current and up to date to support your teaching success
● Provide academic input on existing and new courses and modules as requested
● Responsible for the delivery of teaching lessons as timetabled; ensuring students are
engaged, informed and encouraged to achieve their full potential
● To deliver classroom teaching of your assigned modules, as per your contracted hours
● Ensuring appropriate deputies for classroom teachers are sourced by teaching staff
● Accurate and timely completion of lesson registers
● Report student absences accurately.
● Source and secure an appropriate deputy for classroom teaching when necessary
● To deliver academic tutorials for students as directed
● To deliver personal / mentor scheme tutorials
See link below for further details.
NB: No deadline specified.