Administrative Assistant at Na Píobairí Uilleann
Na Píobairí Uilleann (NPU), the Society of Uilleann Pipers was founded in 1968 to promote the playing and manufacture of the uilleann pipes and Irish traditional music in general. We have extensive music tuition, pipemaking training, publications and public performance programmes and provide a wide range of services through our web-based resources.
With a growing worldwide membership and expanding events programmes, we now have a vacancy for a full time Administrative Assistant position reporting to the Administrator.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience in administration in a commercial environment possess excellent communications, interpersonal and organisational skills and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office. The ability of working to strict deadlines is essential. Knowledge of traditional Irish music would be advantage as would a proficiency in spoken Irish.
• Telephone/reception, post and data entry duties
• Processing shop and web sales orders
• Stock replenishment and stock takes
• Management of in-house shop
• Maintenance of membership renewals
• Maintenance of membership database
• Undertake Health and Safety audits
• Update and maintenance of administrative filing
• Assist with the organisation, promotion and registration at NPU events (both online and inperson)
• Management of social media and communications platforms
• Production of monthly email newsletter
• Attendance at NPU public events
• Assist in the compiling of reports (Annual Report, Member Survey)
• Preparation of bank lodgements
• Bank reconciliation & preparation of receipts (invoices, credit card receipts)
• Good administrative and organisational skills
• Good communication skills – written and phone
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work to deadlines and under time pressure
• Knowledge of retail, sales, purchasing and stock control is an advantage
• Knowledge of excel, databases, accounting software and Wordpress is an advantage
• Knowledge of Irish traditional music and instrument making is an advantage
• Knowledge of spoken Irish is an advantage but not necessary
Salary will be commensurate with the level of experience.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 30th June 2021.Letter of application together with detailed CV addressed to Anne-Marie Bell, Na Píobairí Uilleann,15 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1, D01N504 or by email to [email protected] to arrive not later than 5pm on Wednesday 30th June 2021.