The Carlow Arts Festival Wedge Funds are now open for applications.
There are three strands of funding available. You can apply for any or all of the following:
1. Micro Bursaries – up to €500 – simply tell us what you need time and space to do.
2. Development – up to €3k for the development of a piece of work alone or with others.
3. Commission – up to €10k to commission a piece of work for presentation at Carlow Arts Festival. We are most interested in work that can be presented outdoors, or in non-traditional spaces, work of all scales, brand new work and work that can be adapted for the festival.
– There are a limited number of each strand available.
– For strands 2 & 3 a detailed budget will be required.
– Your artistic idea needs to be one that incorporates sharing in a socially distanced world.
– Application deadline: Thursday 26 November @ 5pm. We will be unable to accept late applications
– Required elements include links to images/videos of previous work, budgets, company or artists CV.
– The Development strand is focused specifically on the development of work. There is no obligation to have a proposed presentation date or venue at Carlow Arts Festival or otherwise.
– The Commissions strand is open to those who have work that could be presented by Carlow Arts Festival in June 2021. The award of up to €10,000 may cover the full cost of artist fees and production, but can also augment other funds either secured or applied for.
See link below for further details.