The Carlow Arts Festival Wedge Funds are now open for applications.
There are three strands of funding available. You can apply for any or all of the following:
1. Micro Bursaries – up to €500 – simply tell us what you need time and space to do.
2. Development – up to €3k for the development of a piece of work alone or with others.
3. Commission – up to €10k to commission a piece of work for presentation at Carlow Arts Festival. We are most interested in work that can be presented outdoors, or in non-traditional spaces, work of all scales, brand new work and work that can be adapted for the festival.
– There are a limited number of each strand available.
– For strands 2 & 3 a detailed budget will be required.
– Your artistic idea needs to be one that incorporates sharing in a socially distanced world.
– Application deadline: Thursday 26 November @ 5pm. We will be unable to accept late applications
– Required elements include links to images/videos of previous work, budgets, company or artists CV.
– The Development strand is focused specifically on the development of work. There is no obligation to have a proposed presentation date or venue at Carlow Arts Festival or otherwise.
– The Commissions strand is open to those who have work that could be presented by Carlow Arts Festival in June 2021. The award of up to €10,000 may cover the full cost of artist fees and production, but can also augment other funds either secured or applied for.
See link below for further details.
Published on 18 November 2020