Classroom Music Tutors Wanted - violin, recorder or pre instrumental specialists
Greater Dublin Area, Midlands or Cork
Subject to rates schedule
05 July, 2019
The Mobile Music School delivers interactive, educational and fun based music programmes and workshop in primary and secondary schools, libraries and arts centres throughout Ireland.
We currently run programmes throughout Leinster, Cork & Tipperary.
Established in 2011 we have grown from working in seven schools annually to working in excess of 100 schools annually
We provide experienced and qualified music tutors with the opportunity to teach with us based on the times, days and locations that suit them.
We are currently looking for the following tutors to join our team
- Drumming workshop facilitators
- Classroom violin tutors
- Classroom music tutors
- Classroom singing tutors & workshop facilitators
- Múinteoirí ceoil le gaeilge ag teastail chomh maith
We are looking for outgoing, musical, practical and focused tutors who have very strong teaching, organisational, communication and interpersonal skills, who have the ability to work on their own initiative, who enjoy working with groups of children and young people in schools and library settings and is able to represent the Mobile Music School positively in everything that they do
- Create lesson plans and programme schemes
- Deliver music, classes lessons or workshops to the highest possible level
- Ensure each class in interactive, educational and fun; story based and contains a beginning, middle and end with the appropriate level of differentiation
- Attend Mobile Music School training days throughout the school year
- Upload lessons at the start of each month
- Manage your diary and availability
Key Skills Required
- Ability to teach children and young people from 4 years of age through to 18 years of age in a group (8 – 32 children) setting in primary and secondary schools, libraries and other educational settings
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build rapport with fellow colleagues within the Mobile Music School and with the staff of the school or educational centre you are representing us in
- Proficient IT skills to include the ability/ willingness to use an Interactive White Board/ Smart Board in a classroom setting
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to create lesson plans
- Ability to work as a brand ambassador for & active promoter of the Mobile Music School
Group teaching experience essential
How to apply?
Please email [email protected] by July 5th to request an application form
Published on 19 June 2019