Digital Marketing Executive
This exciting post sits within the NCH’s Marketing and Communications Department which brings together communications, marketing, audience development, online/digital, public affairs, press and publications for all areas of NCH activity.
The overall purpose of the role of Digital Marketing Executive for NCH is to work as part of the team to continue the enhancement of the NCH profile, brand promise and market position as Ireland’s National Cultural Institution for Music, in line with the National Concert Hall Strategy. This includes powerfully communicating the NCH’s objectives, programmes and all related activities to key audiences as well as engaging and involving stakeholders, partners and staff.
The Digital Marketing Executive works closely with the Marketing Team on all aspects of promoting the NCH brand; NCH’s own-promotion events; providing marketing support to external promoters; and in support of the development and implementation of strategy to significantly increase and maintain the NCH’s profile in Ireland and internationally.
• To support the growth of the NCH brand, and awareness and loyalty online by using digital marketing tools and social media
• To update and maintain www.nch.ie keeping content fresh and relevant with a view to improving SEO, driving traffic to site and improving customer service levels and UX online
• To work closely with the Digital Manager in the management of National Concert Hall social media platforms including content creation, social media advertising and campaign development to increase levels of engagement with NCH audiences and potential attenders.
• Ongoing implementation of NCH’s digital marketing strategy and keyword strategy.
• To work within allocated budgets.
Key Tasks and Role Activities
• To coordinate and create marketing campaigns, e-mail marketing and online advertising schedules in support of concerts, events and other programmes
• To proactively develop audience and stakeholder relationships via online platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, thereby enhancing NCH digital engagement
• To liaise with colleagues, promoters, partners, artists and stakeholders on digital and social media content.
• To identify NCH advertising/marketing and audience development opportunities on relevant online news and target interest sites.
• To monitor customer comment online, to respond/suggest responses in a timely and appropriate manner, to supervise the NCH digital and online presence, identifying any reputational issues for timely response
• To ensure the accuracy, veracity and timeliness of information published online
• To measure and interpret results of digital marketing campaigns and disseminate to appropriate colleagues
• Manage Google Ads campaigns
• To ensure all job activities are carried out in a manner that is professional and reliable and in accordance with the overall policies and strategies of the NCH.
• Maintain knowledge of the Irish music, culture and arts sector and any changes in arts marketing/communications/digital industry legislation pertinent to this area of the NCH’s activity
• To carry out other duties as requested by the NCH’s Digital Manager
• To maintain the NCH’s high standard of customer care across all areas of organisational activity
• To work towards the achievement of the NCH’s organisational goals
• As the post-holder may be the first point of contact for many external organisations and individuals, he/she is expected to remain up to date with, and aware of, developments within the NCH and its work.
• As the post requires handling, processing and recording of restricted information, confidentiality is required at all times.
• Demonstrated passion for digital marketing
• Interest in music and the cultural sector
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ambitious, target driven and competent at delivering in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent working knowledge of Google Analytics & Google Ads
• Knowledge of content management systems, HTML, email marketing & ticketing platforms desirable
• An excellent team player, flexible and adaptable
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in marketing and/or digital
• Good initiative with excellent attention for detail
• A third level qualification relevant to the role
Pay: The NCH Administration Executive PPC salary scale applies (rates effective from 1 October 2020) as follows: €35,664 - €37,436 - €39,148 - €40,854 - €42,525 - €44,213 - €45,853 - €47,546 - Please note that appointment will be made at the first point on this salary scale.
Pension – Membership of Single Public Service Pension Scheme.
The annual leave entitlement is 21 days per annum.
Please apply with CV (no more than 2 pages) accompanied by a one-page cover letter outlining the case for your appointment to Joanne Taaffe, Digital Manager, [email protected] by Monday 25th October, 5pm.