The Grants Manager will collaborate with the Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations to shape the narrative voice of Juilliard’s fundraising initiatives and to create a compelling case for support for the School’s diverse programming. This position will play an active role in creating proposals, reports, and financial materials for institutional and individual funders, as well as the oversight of grant tracking and fulfillment processes.
When applying, please include a cover letter specific to this position that demonstrates your skill as a writer, addressing: (1) why working at The Juilliard School appeals to you; and (2) how your previous experience makes you the best candidate for this role.
– Assist Director in the composition of proposals, reports, and financial materials for institutional funders, with a primary focus on renewing funders.
– Collaborate with the Major Gifts team and the Office of the Vice President and Chief Advancement Officer on the creation of proposals and reports for select major donors and the Board of Trustees.
– Take a primary role in the creation of multi-purpose template language for Juilliard programming to be utilized department-wide.
– Assist Director in the identification and qualification of prospective funders, including the preparation of research profiles and materials for prospect meetings.
– Create and maintain a detailed, accurate, and clear solicitation calendar in Raiser’s Edge to ensure deadlines are met, including assisting the Director in moves management.
– Coordinate grant fulfillment processes, including active collaboration and communication with Juilliard faculty and administration to ensure optimal execution of grant agreements/contracts.
– Assist the Director and other gift officers in copy editing proposal and report narratives.
– Attend and support overall department activities, including occasional evening and weekend events.
– Assume other responsibilities as necessary to support the department and the School.
– 3+ years of successful experience in grant writing and non-profit fundraising.
– Ability to write clearly, compellingly, and efficiently.
– Experience with the creation of proposal budgets and financial reports.
– Superior editing skills and a sharp attention to detail.
– Ability to balance multiple writing projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
– Comfort with Raiser’s Edge or similar database software.
– Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
– Comfort in collaborating and interacting with various personality types, including high-level members of The Juilliard School community (trustees, major funders, guest artists, etc.).
– Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office Suite.
– Ability to uphold department and organization standards while fulfilling requests in a timely manner.
– A commitment to The Juilliard School’s mission and an interest in the performing arts.
– Grant writing experience in a performing arts or conservatory setting, preferred.
– Knowledge of classical music and/or opera, preferred.
See link below for further details.
NB: No deadline specified.