Bass Trombone Principal
The BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra is hiring a Bass Trombone Principal.
– Sit as Bass Trombone Principal and doubling as required.
– Maintain the high standard of professional playing and musical and artistic excellence required by the Orchestra.
– Familiarise oneself with the relevant parts, including solos, in advance of the first rehearsal and performances.
– Support professionally any Leaders and Conductors engaged by the Orchestra.
– Take responsibility for the style, intonation, balance, ensemble, rhythm and preparation of the section in conjunction with Leaders and the Chief Conductor.
– Foster an environment in which artistic excellence flourishes.
– Develop and support positive working relationships with all other members of the Orchestra, the section and any freelance players engaged by the Orchestra.
– and more
Are you the right candidate?
The ideal candidate will have outstanding professional orchestral and solo playing abilities.
You will have knowledge of the repertoire of the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra.
The ability to both lead and work collaboratively to inspire and contribute to performances that meet the highest musical standards by providing artistic direction and by motivation.
You will have effective people and performance management skills, including the ability to give constructive feedback, deal with sensitive issues and to make difficult decisions.
Good interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and develop harmonious working relationships with a diverse range of people is essential.
See link below for further details.