Analyst, Music Strategy
Tik Tok seeks a Music Strategy Analyst to join the team in London.
The music business development team drives negotiations and fosters relationships with record labels and music publishers. We are tasked with creating and implementing the TikTok music strategy. The team helps drive growth and awareness of TikTok and the music and artists that thrive therein.
- Work with Head of Music Strategy to provide analysis that will be integral for the development of strategy.
- Cross-utilize quantitative and qualitative research sources to respond to a large volume and wide variety of quick-turnaround ad hoc research requests.
- Work with business development leads to create models and projections that will be used in negotiations.
- Provide analysis of record label and artist performance on TikTok.
- Proactively generate data-driven insights for the business development team and other cross functional teams.
- Independently create reports and analyses on industry performance and outlook that is relevant to TiKTok’s music positioning.
- Identify + consolidate industry-related implications from syndicated research tools such as eMarketer.
- 5+ years’ experience in music or a related digital content industry, and ideally experience dealing with content/repertoire owners.
- Sophisticated understanding of streaming trends and economics.
- Highly data driven - experience pulling together data from various sources to tell compelling stories and drive decision making.
- Familiarity with different geographic regions, along with their economic structures.
- Experience with strategic analysis and streaming businesses.
- Excellent spoken, written, and presentation skills and ability to present to and influence people at all levels.
- Degree plus MBA or equivalent business qualification strongly preferred.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and presentation design skills.
See link below for further details.
NB: no deadline specified.