Assistant Director, Public Relations and External Communications
Jazz at Lincoln Center is seeking applications to the position of Assistant Director, Public Relations and External Communications.
– Develop and execute impactful public relations strategies and campaigns for Jazz at Lincoln Center season concerts and Dizzy’s Club, featured artists and organization spokespersons.
– Manage Social Media Manager and oversee Jazz at Lincoln Center Social Media activities, strategy and content.
– Serve as public relations lead on high-profile season concerts in Jazz at Lincoln Center’s Rose Theater and The Appel Room.
– Draft effective public relations materials including press releases, talking points, media alerts and pitches for concerts and Dizzy’s Club sets and festivals.
– In collaboration with Social Media Manager, create compelling Social Media strategies for performances, tours, education and advocacy activities and events with goals toward growth and high engagement.
– Secure interviews and appearances for featured artists and leadership in top tier print, online, broadcast and social media opportunities.
– Distribute items and photos to media prior to and following concerts and club sets.
– Develop and maintain relationships with members of traditional media, bloggers, social media influencers, and artists’ and arts organizations’ public relations representatives.
– Coordinate press ticket requests and photo and broadcast assignments for season concerts and Dizzy’s Club.
– Oversee media activity at Jazz at Lincoln Center events when required.
– Maintain knowledge of PR industry, trends, and developing tools.
– Represent PR and External Communications at performing arts events and conferences.
– Provide support to Public Relations and External Communications Director and PR Associate when needed.
– Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 years public relations experience preferably in performing arts, music, or entertainment fields.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills for internal and external communications.
– Knowledge of jazz history, experience and familiarity with contemporary jazz artists a bonus.
– Established relationships with members in print, online and broadcast media required.
– Proven success in planning and executing social media campaigns required.
– Supervisory skills a plus.
– Team player who works collaboratively among the group and with internal executives and outside constituents.
– Strong organizational skills and ability to work under tight deadlines across multiple projects.
See link below for further details.