Individual Artists Bursary Award 2020
South Dublin County Council’s Individual Artists Bursary Award Scheme aims to provide support for individual artists of all disciplines living or working in South Dublin County to develop their practice and to further enhance their career within the arts.
Applications are encouraged from artists engaging with challenging forms and concepts in their practice; artists working in any context; artists working collaboratively and artists exploring different ways of engaging with audiences.
Proposals should endeavor to be developmental in the context of the artist’s work/medium and can include research, mentoring and education development at post graduate level.
The maximum amount of any award is €3,000.
The selection judges will develop a shortlist of applications that best meet the selection criteria and may request further information to help in the assessment of the shortlisted applications. The selection panel may also decide not to seek further information of shortlisted applicants.
The selection of artists for 2020 South Dublin County Council bursary awards will be based on:
– The quality of ideas/proposal presented both on an individual basis and with reference to other competing applications.
– The uniqueness of the proposal and imaginative approaches to notions of process.
– The extent to which the proposed process shows clear artistic direction and vision.
– The significance of the proposal to the artistic development of the applicant.
– The viability of the proposal and the ability of the applicant to realise their aspirations within the time and resources available.
See link below for further details.