West Wicklow Chamber Music Festival invites submissions to its inaugural Composition Competition.
Entry is free and open to all composers currently based on the island of Ireland or holding Irish citizenship.
Competition entrants should write a piece between circa 3-5mins duration for violin and piano.
The winner of this competition will receive:
– a prize of €350.
– a world premiere of the composer’s new work premiered at the West Wicklow Chamber Music Festival’s “Rising Star” recital on Saturday 29th May 2021, performed by Phoebe White (violin) and Peter Regan (piano).
– a pre-concert Composer’s Voice interview of the winning composer and the performers by the Contemporary Music Centre, Ireland.
– collaboration, workshop and rehearsals with the performers.
– inclusion in festival publicity.
– The work should not have been previously performed in public prior to its world premiere at the festival.
– This composition competition is open to composers of all ages and aimed at those who would describe themselves as emerging composers.
– Entrants can only submit one work
See link below for further details.