Publishing Ireland is looking for a freelance business/arts administrator.
– Representing the organisation to its membership and others. Providing support where needed, both through email communication and phone, and occasional face-to-face events.
– Attending and managing own schedule for international book fairs where required, usually twice a year, in London in March and Frankfurt in October.
– Representing the organisation on international organisations of which we are members, such as the
– Federation of European Publishers, and distilling information received from such sources into useful summaries for the membership.
– Managing the delivery of trainings and other events Publishing Ireland organises, in collaboration with the training committee.
– Moderate bookkeeping (invoicing, etc), using Quick Books Online, and reporting to the company treasurer.
– Pursuing possible funding / sponsorship opportunities for the organisation, in collaboration with the board.
– Minute-taking at monthly board meetings and other procedural requirements for the board such as AGM notifications, etc.
– The ideal person will be a self-starter with excellent administration and interpersonal skills.
– They should be flexible and self-managing.
– An arts management background and/or a knowledge of publishing would be helpful but not a requirement.
This is not an office-based role, and while attendance at certain events is required, most activities can be done remotely and hours worked can be managed by the contractor in agreement with the board. It would be ideal for someone who is looking to work part-time and flexible hours, or as part of a portfolio career.
See link below for further details.