The BBC Concert Orchestra is hiring a Director.
The right candidate is likely to have proven business skills, combining commercial flair and the ability to manage the orchestra within the internal BBC market. Crucial to success in the role will be the ability to deliver change on a significant scale. They will also be able to demonstrate a combination of the following qualities:
– Commitment to the BBC’s public purposes
– Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to motivate large groups of staff and to provide clear strategic direction, and to develop and lead change.
– Comprehensive understanding of the music and performances sectors with a good knowledge of orchestral repertoire, including contemporary and popular music, as well as conductors and soloists
– A commitment to have diversity and inclusion at the heart of all decisions and to engage communities through education and outreach work.
– A commitment to delivering excellence and quality in all aspects of the orchestra’s work and customer relations
See link below for further details.