Cill Rialaig Residencies 2020
This autumn marks the sixth consecutive year of Irish Writers Centre residencies with Cill Rialaig, Co. Kerry. These residencies are now open for applications to seven writers for a ten-day period from 2 – 12 October, 2020. Please note that for 2020, applications for this residency are open to all writers across the island of Ireland who meet the criteria.
In addition to their own work, the writers are requested to put aside approximately 2 hours at the start and the end of the residency to come together as a focus group to discuss professional development opportunities that the IWC might undertake in the future. Details will be finalised with the seven successful applicants in September.
The seven residencies, two of which will be filled by Northern Irish writers / writers from the north of Ireland, are offered all-inclusively free of charge (the IWC will cover the utility charge for each of the seven houses). Expenses incurred by the selected writers will be food and travel.
This is an open call to writers who are living on the island of Ireland. The purpose of this residency is to give writers the time and space they need to create new work. This year, we are opening applications for our Cill Rialaig residencies to both professional and emerging writers. We encourage writers from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Irish literature to apply. We particularly invite applications from BIPOC, Traveller, and working class writers. We will place a strong focus on ethnicity, race, and socioeconomic status when evaluating the applications for these residencies.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying please send the following to projects [at] writerscentre.ie with Cill Rialaig Residency in the subject line:
– A cover letter including your personal details concisely outlining the project you would like to focus on during the residency
– An updated Curriculum Vitae (max. two A4 pages) including publications with ISBNs.
– Clearly labelled samples of recent work (up to three short samples of up to 300 words or between 4- 6 poems).
– Any relevant information on your proposed project such as written excerpts, photos, research information, etc.
– Please collate all documents into one attachment, either Word or PDF.
See link below for further details.