Duty Manager - Visitor Experience
We are looking for a Duty Manager to create a customer friendly and safe environment in which the public can watch performances at ease. The Duty Manager will support the House Manager with strong and effective management of the Front of House team, including the achievement of targets, together with training, appraisal and career development, where they will ensure a consistently high standard of customer experience throughout the theatre is upheld.
Supporting the House Manager in ensuring high standards of service for Visiting Company promoters, the Duty Manager will resolve all customer complaints and queries, and empowering and supporting other members of staff throughout English National Opera to deliver exceptional customer experiences. They will also ensure all visitors experience a brilliant and warm welcome through immaculate presentation of public areas and outstanding customer service.
Your duties will include:
– Be responsible for the Duty Management presence, as allocated by the House Manager during performances, events and rehearsals when the public are present, ensuring customer satisfaction and exceptional presentation standards.
– Promote high standards of service, conduct and professionalism in the FOH team. Recruit, give induction, motivate, coach and guide them, set targets; manage performance using the necessary tools and give feedback regularly.
– While on duty to be “visibly” based in public areas to assist visitors, lead the team and to ensure ENO is well presented and manage the consistent delivery of outstanding customer service. Make recommendations for improved service as appropriate.
– To be responsible for ensuring strong presentation and standards of all public areas, including foyers, auditorium and event spaces.
– To ensure smooth delivery of events and hospitality alongside the ENO events team, resulting in a positive patron experience.
– Oversee rotas, ensuring responsibilities are allocated accurately according to business needs; provide an efficient and cost effective service; check timesheets; allocate annual leave; monitor lateness and absence taking action where necessary.
– Produce briefing sheets on a daily basis using guidelines provided.
The successful candidate will have:
– Significant experience in venue management preferably in a theatre Front of House environment.
– Experience of motivating and developing a team using sound judgement and leadership skills.
– Demonstrable knowledge & experience of supervising Health and Safety and Licensing.
– To be organised with efficient administration skills and the ability to establish & maintain effective systems and processes.
– Substantial experience in working in a demanding customer services environment, exceeding customer expectations.
– An experienced ‘hands on’ manager who uses diplomacy and a calm, positive approach when handling challenging situations.
See link below for further details.